We Create Permanent Connections. Services by Anu
Anu offers a continuum of client-driven, family-centered services designed to achieve safety, permanency and well-being for children, youth and families.
Treatment Foster Care Services
Parenting Coach Certification
A Parenting Coach Certification teaches you the skills needed to work with parents, foster parents, kinship parents, and other caregivers, teaching them hands-on, here-and-now tools for bringing about rapid and dramatic improvement in their child’s behavior.
Intensive Permanence Services
Intensive Trauma Services
Community Based Flexible Support
FastTrack to a Family
FastTrack to a Family (FT2F) is an intensive, 30-day program that identifies safe, appropriate kin/fictive kin placement options for children entering out-of-home care due to a need for an emergency placement order.
Training and Consultation
If you are frustrated with youth disrupting multiple placements or feel like we are putting a "Band-Aid" on the issues without creating real healing and change, remember:
You Have a Choice
You can continue what's been done, or you can try a new approach with Anu Family Services. All of the services offered at Anu are based on these beliefs:
- Losses must be grieved: Until they are, youth will continue to act out the loss through pain-based behaviors (i.e. AWOL, substance abuse, aggression).
- All behavior is communication: It is our job as foster parents and workers to listen and understand the root cause of those pain-based behaviors.
- Disconnecting is a protective response: Healthy brains become unable to connect after multiple losses. Healing the relational trauma caused by loss is crucial for the youth to connect.
- Reconnecting is healing: Relational trauma can only be healed in the context of a relationship, so we reconnect youth with people they have loved and lost.
- Pain-based behaviors are not willful: Youth
areshowing normal, expected responses to trauma and rather than shame or blame, we help them heal.