We Create Permanent Connections. Services by Anu
Anu offers a continuum of client-driven, family-centered services designed to achieve safety, permanency, and well-being for children, youth, and families.
Treatment Foster Care Services
Anu offers Treatment Foster Care Services for children who need a safe and caring home.
Intensive Permanence Services
Anu also has an array of Community-Based Programs:
Intensive Trauma Services
The Flexible Support Program provides in-home and
Parenting Coach Certification
Parenting Coach Certification teaches you the skills needed to work with parents, foster parents, kinship parents, and other caregivers to teach them here-and-now tools for bringing about an immediate improvement in their child’s behavior.
Training and Consultation
If you are frustrated with youth disrupting multiple placements or feel like we are putting a "Band-Aid" on the issues without creating real healing and change, remember:
You Have a Choice
You can continue what's been done or try a new approach with Anu Family Services. All of the services offered at Anu are based on these beliefs:
- Losses must be grieved: Otherwise, youth will continue to act out the loss through pain-based behaviors (i.e., AWOL, substance abuse, aggression).
- All behavior is communication: Our job as caregivers is to listen and understand the root cause of those pain-based behaviors.
- Disconnecting is a protective response: Healing the relational trauma caused by loss is crucial for the youth to connect because healthy brains become unable to connect with others after multiple losses.
- Reconnecting is healing: Relational trauma can only be healed in the context of a relationship, so we safely reconnect youth with people (and even pets) that they have loved and lost.
- Pain-based behaviors are not willful: Youth demonstrate normal responses to grief and trauma. We help them heal, rather than shame or blame. We give them the words to talk about their pain.