We Create Permanent Connections. Services by Anu
Anu offers a continuum of client-driven, family-centered services designed to achieve safety, permanency, and well-being for children, youth, and families.
Treatment Foster Care Services
Parenting Coach Certification
Parenting Coach Certification teaches you the skills needed to work with parents, foster parents, kinship parents, and other caregivers to teach them here-and-now tools for bringing about an immediate improvement in their child’s behavior.
Intensive Permanence Services
Intensive Trauma Services
Community-Based Flexible Support
FastTrack to a Family
FastTrack to a Family (FT2F) is an intensive, 30-day program that identifies safe, appropriate kin/fictive kin placement options for children entering out-of-home care due to a need for an immediate home that is not foster care.
Training and Consultation
If you are frustrated with youth disrupting multiple placements or feel like we are putting a "Band-Aid" on the issues without creating real healing and change, remember:
You Have a Choice
You can continue what's been done or try a new approach with Anu Family Services. All of the services offered at Anu are based on these beliefs:
- Losses must be grieved: Otherwise, youth will continue to act out the loss through pain-based behaviors (i.e., AWOL, substance abuse, aggression).
- All behavior is communication: Our job as caregivers is to listen and understand the root cause of those pain-based behaviors.
- Disconnecting is a protective response: Healing the relational trauma caused by loss is crucial for the youth to connect because healthy brains become unable to connect with others after multiple losses.
- Reconnecting is healing: Relational trauma can only be healed in the context of a relationship, so we safely reconnect youth with people (and even pets) that they have loved and lost.
- Pain-based behaviors are not willful: Youth demonstrate normal responses to grief and trauma. We help them heal, rather than shame or blame. We give them the words to talk about their pain.