As the Family Connections Specialist for Anu Family Services, I have been presenting the "Searching for Permanent Connections" road show. I plan to make weekly postings to let you know where I have been and what is happening throughout the state of Wisconsin. Here is what I have been doing since July 2009:
· regional foster care coordinator meetings to discuss permanency
· county agencies involved in the family finding process
· lifelong permanency for kids in out of home care
· permanency through reunifying with family, permanent connections with committed adults, adoption or guardianship
· social workers, foster parents and agencies to advocate for kids
· Two models of practice:
o The Six Steps to Find a Family (Family Search and Engagement
o 3-5-7 Model (preparing youth for permanency).
· Free training in the two models
Sharing great resources
· life books
· activities to use to prepare kids
Thus far, I have traveled to Madison, Eau Claire, Waupaca and LaCrosse and had some very positive responses to the suggested practice models and the presentation. I plan this week to be in Ashland, Wausau and Washburn.
If you would like more information about Anu Family Services' commitment to permanency for children in out of home care, please drop me a note. We want to learn from others!
Until next time…